Join Chris Converse for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding a navigation bar, part of Learn Sketch: The Basics.
- Now we're going to add in our navigation bar.…So first we'll start with a semi-transparent black bar.…So back to the Insert menu, down to Shape, Rectangle.…Let's come up here to the upper-left hand corner.…Click and drag.…We'll make the full width as well,…and we'll come down and make this about 110 pixels tall.…Now with this in place, over in the Inspector panel,…let's come down for Borders.…Let's come over here and uncheck the border…if that's selected.…You can also click on the trash can…to get rid of any Border properties whatsoever.…
And then up here for the Fill property,…let's come here an click on the colors watch.…And now, for the color I want a semi-transparent black.…So in the color ramp area, let's click on the indicator…and drag this down to the lower left…making sure we have black selected.…And then next we'll come over here to the Alpha setting.…Let's double-click this,…let's put in 65.…Which will make this 65% opaque,…or 35% transparent.…Next we'll add some text for the navigation.…So let's go back to the Insert panel.…
- Creating pages and artboards
- Adding a navigation bar
- Creating a logo
- Drawing custom shape-based icons
- Building links
- Adjusting layouts for medium screens
- Adapting layouts for small screens
- Exporting artboards and assets
Skill Level Beginner
1. Design and Layout
2. Creating Layouts for Medium Screens
3. Adapting Your Design to Small Screens
4. Saving and Exporting Assets
Where to go from here1m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.