Join Chris Converse for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding a banner and artwork, part of Learn Sketch: The Basics.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- First I want to start working on the large screen.…Let's come over here to the tool bar.…Let's click on the plus sign next to the zoom tool.…Press the spacebar, let me move the large art board…into the center.…This is our largest screen here.…The first thing I want to do is bring in…our featured background graphic.…I also want to draw a rectangle…so we can clip the shape into the size…that we want the heading area to be.…First let's come over to the Insert menu.…You can use the insert button here on the tool bar…or the menus at the top.…
Let's click on this, let's come down to Shape,…and then over to Rectangle.…Once I do this, this will activate the rectangle tool…inside of Sketch.…The art board's a little bit sticky,…which means if I come up here to the left-hand corner,…click and drag, drag this over toward the right.…When I get close to the edge, it'll snap into place.…In the lower right-hand corner of the cursor,…you can see the size of the rectangle.…I'll bring this down to about 430 pixels tall.…Once we draw the rectangle,…
- Creating pages and artboards
- Adding a navigation bar
- Creating a logo
- Drawing custom shape-based icons
- Building links
- Adjusting layouts for medium screens
- Adapting layouts for small screens
- Exporting artboards and assets
Skill Level Beginner
1. Design and Layout
2. Creating Layouts for Medium Screens
3. Adapting Your Design to Small Screens
4. Saving and Exporting Assets
Where to go from here1m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.