Join Chris Converse for an in-depth discussion in this video About the exercise files, part of Sketch Essential Training: The Basics (2015).
- The exercise files for this course are available to all members and simply include some photos and placeholder text that we can use in our layouts. When you extract the files, you'll see a single folder named Ch01. Inside there is a photos folder and a placeholder.rtf file. The placeholder file contains some placeholder text that we'll use to cut and paste into our layout as we mock up our web design. The photos included are high resolution photos that we'll import, scale and crop inside of Sketch. Now, I'm providing larger photos here because later in the course, we'll be exporting ready to use web graphics directly from Sketch.
And Sketch will be able to use all of the resolution to prepare our bitmap graphics and generate additional scaled graphics at 2 times, 3 times or actually any multiple that you want, based on the size represented in the layout. This will ensure that your final graphics will look great on all devices with high intensity displays. So, now that we know what we're going to be building and what assets we have to work with, let's continue on and begin building our web design in Sketch.
- Creating pages and artboards
- Adding a navigation bar
- Creating a logo
- Drawing custom shape-based icons
- Building links
- Adjusting layouts for medium screens
- Adapting layouts for small screens
- Exporting artboards and assets