Join Taz Tally for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know before watching this course, part of Scanning with SilverFast.
- View Offline
In this course we concentrate on learning the tools and interface of SilverFast 8.…While it's possible to complete this class and learn to use SilverFast 8 without…a lot of prior knowledge, I think you'll be happier and learn a good deal more…if you have some fundamentals of scanning underneath your belt.…The good news is we've got courses in the Online Training Library at lynda.com…that provide you with this exact information.…For instance, my scanning techniques for photography, art, and design has an…entire chapter--Chapter 1 on Scanning Fundamentals--to provide you everything…you need to know about those fundamentals for scanning.…
And in Chapter 2 we cover cleaning your scanner and cleaning your images.…While studying these two chapters is not a requirement,…I highly recommend that you do this.…
- Arranging your workspace
- Setting up color management
- Setting scan frame and resolution
- Calibrating the scanner
- Performing grayscale and color automatic scans
- Performing a negative color film scan
- Scanning simple line art and changing it into vectors
- Scanning photos
- Making global color corrections to a scan
- Removing noise, dust, and scratches
- Batch scanning
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Scanning Techniques for Photography, Art, and Designwith Taz Tally6h 53m Intermediate
Photo Restoration with Photoshopwith Janine Smith3h 53m Intermediate
Photoshop Elements 9: Scanning and Restoring Photoswith Janine Smith2h 38m Intermediate
1. Introducing SilverFast
Launching SilverFast4m 2s
2. Setting up for Automatic Scanning Projects
3. Start to Finish: Automatic Scanning Projects
4. Setting up for Manual Scanning
5. Start to Finish: Manual Scanning Projects
6. Special Scanning Topics
7. Streamlining Your Scanning
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.