Use SilverFast to scan photos, line art, film negatives, and other printed documents, while getting the highest quality scans possible from your scanner.
- [Voiceover] Hello, I'm Taz Tally, and I'd like to welcome you to Scanning with SilverFast 8. If you're a previous version-user of SilverFast, say versions one through six, you're going to see some pretty familiar tools, but you're also going to see a completely changed interface. Like the new SilverFast 8 interface, this course is broken up into two section, automatic scanning and manual scanning. First we'll cover automatic, and we'll show you how to set up in automatic mode and then we'll do a whole series of projects. Then we'll move on to the manually scanning, and again, show you how to set up your manual interface, and then, again, do a whole series of individual projects using the manual interface.
Right from the get-go, I'd like to encourage you to learn and use the manual scanning interface, because you're going to have access to all of SilverFast's really sophisticated tools, and you're going to have complete control over and confidence in the creation of your final scanned images. So, let's don our cotton gloves and get started Scanning with SilverFast 8.
- Arranging your workspace
- Setting up color management
- Setting scan frame and resolution
- Calibrating the scanner
- Performing grayscale and color automatic scans
- Performing a negative color film scan
- Scanning simple line art and changing it into vectors
- Scanning photos
- Making global color corrections to a scan
- Removing noise, dust, and scratches
- Batch scanning
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introducing SilverFast
Launching SilverFast4m 2s
2. Setting up for Automatic Scanning Projects
3. Start to Finish: Automatic Scanning Projects
4. Setting up for Manual Scanning
5. Start to Finish: Manual Scanning Projects
6. Special Scanning Topics
7. Streamlining Your Scanning
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.