Join Taz Tally for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding SilverFast's scanning workflows, part of SilverFast: Scanning.
In this segment, I'd like to show you a little bit about the various scanning…workflows that are available to you in SilverFast.…When you first launch SilverFast, this is the interface that you see.…And this is the full manual mode.…There are two other modes. There is Automatic and Semiautomatic, and I would like…to show you all three workflows.…So let's start with the Automatic workflow. And to get to the Automatic…workflow, you click up here where it says WorkflowPilot.…We go to WorkflowPilot, the first thing you see is, wow! This is a lot simpler…interface, and you might be encouraged to use this interface because of the…simplicity--and there's some advantages to it. But ultimately, I think I want you…to move towards using the Manual workflow--little bit more on that later.…
In the Automatic workflow, basically use this by answering a couple of questions…that SilverFast poses to you.…Over here, on the left-hand side, you'll see it says Source and Task.…This is basically input and output, where you choose the type of input. In this case…
- Arranging your workspace
- Setting up color management
- Setting scan frame and resolution
- Calibrating the scanner
- Performing grayscale and color automatic scans
- Performing a negative color film scan
- Scanning simple line art and changing it into vectors
- Scanning photos
- Making global color corrections to a scan
- Removing noise, dust, and scratches
- Batch scanning
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Introducing SilverFast
Launching SilverFast4m 2s
2. Setting up for Automatic Scanning Projects
3. Start to Finish: Automatic Scanning Projects
4. Setting up for Manual Scanning
5. Start to Finish: Manual Scanning Projects
6. Special Scanning Topics
7. Streamlining Your Scanning
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.