Join Taz Tally for an in-depth discussion in this video Touring the manual scanning tools, part of SilverFast: Scanning.
In this video, I'd like to introduce you to the manual scanning interface for SilverFast.…If you look to some of the previous movies in this course, we've been spending a…lot of time in the automatic interface.…And the automatic interface has some interesting tools in it, but if you really…want to get control over your scan, and you want to have as much confidence as…possible, and get the best quality as possible, in the most efficient amount of…time, the manual scanning interface is really where you want to be.…I understand the interface is a little bit intimidating when you first look at…it, but let me give you a quick tour, and hopefully it'll really simplify the…interface for you, so you can start to get comfortable with it right off the bat.…
First, there are some similarities with the automatic scanning interface, if…you've spent some time there.…The first similarity is, we typically work from left to right in the manual…scanning interface, just like we do with the automatic scanning interface.…
- Arranging your workspace
- Setting up color management
- Setting scan frame and resolution
- Calibrating the scanner
- Performing grayscale and color automatic scans
- Performing a negative color film scan
- Scanning simple line art and changing it into vectors
- Scanning photos
- Making global color corrections to a scan
- Removing noise, dust, and scratches
- Batch scanning
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introducing SilverFast
Launching SilverFast4m 2s
2. Setting up for Automatic Scanning Projects
3. Start to Finish: Automatic Scanning Projects
4. Setting up for Manual Scanning
5. Start to Finish: Manual Scanning Projects
6. Special Scanning Topics
7. Streamlining Your Scanning
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.