Join Taz Tally for an in-depth discussion in this video Touring the SilverFast 8 automatic scanning tools, part of SilverFast: Scanning.
In this segment, I would like to show you how to set up the SilverFast Interface…for scanning in Automatic mode.…When you first launch SilverFast, it places you in the Full-Manual mode or…settings for operating SilverFast.…To get to Automatic mode, you click in the upper left-hand corner on this red…ball, that says WorkflowPilot, and it's the WorkflowPilot that will take you…through the automatic procedures.…Once you're in the WorkflowPilot interface, you can see that it's a good deal…simpler in many ways than the Full Manual mode.…Basically in order to setup your Automatic Workflow for scanning, you're going…to want to answer two questions.…
The first is the Source and the second is the Task, and basically think of these…as Input and Output.…So, the first one is very straightforward.…When you choose Source, you just ask yourself what kind of image am I working…with? Is the original that I'm about to scan, is it a photograph?…In that case choose Photo.…If it's a pre-printed piece, like something out of a magazine or newspaper, then…
- Arranging your workspace
- Setting up color management
- Setting scan frame and resolution
- Calibrating the scanner
- Performing grayscale and color automatic scans
- Performing a negative color film scan
- Scanning simple line art and changing it into vectors
- Scanning photos
- Making global color corrections to a scan
- Removing noise, dust, and scratches
- Batch scanning
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introducing SilverFast
Launching SilverFast4m 2s
2. Setting up for Automatic Scanning Projects
3. Start to Finish: Automatic Scanning Projects
4. Setting up for Manual Scanning
5. Start to Finish: Manual Scanning Projects
6. Special Scanning Topics
7. Streamlining Your Scanning
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.