Join Taz Tally for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up color management, part of SilverFast: Scanning.
In this segment, I'd like to talk about setting the color management for when…you're working in automatic workflow.…And once again, it's not possible to set preferences when we're actually working…in the automatic workflow, so we have to go back to the manual workflow, and…then we can activate our preferences.…In this case, we're going to go to the CMS, the Color Management Section.…And when you look at this dialog box, it's not nearly as intimidating as it appears at first.…First of all, the Input Working Space and the Output Working Space should be set…typically for ColorSync, or whatever color management system is working on your…particular computer-- ColorSync is the most common one.…
But I would recommend do not set this to none.…You should at least have some basic color management in terms of how things are…going to be displayed on your monitor coming from an image. And then your…working space in terms of output, typically, that's going to be RGB.…Now, if you're working in a color managed workflow that uses CIE-Lab or using…
- Arranging your workspace
- Setting up color management
- Setting scan frame and resolution
- Calibrating the scanner
- Performing grayscale and color automatic scans
- Performing a negative color film scan
- Scanning simple line art and changing it into vectors
- Scanning photos
- Making global color corrections to a scan
- Removing noise, dust, and scratches
- Batch scanning
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Introducing SilverFast
Launching SilverFast4m 2s
2. Setting up for Automatic Scanning Projects
3. Start to Finish: Automatic Scanning Projects
4. Setting up for Manual Scanning
5. Start to Finish: Manual Scanning Projects
6. Special Scanning Topics
7. Streamlining Your Scanning
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.