Join Taz Tally for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting preferences for manual scanning, part of SilverFast: Scanning.
In this video, I'd like to talk to you about setting up your Preferences for…controlling manual scans.…This video, and the next one, that is the IT8 calibration, are kind of tied…together, which is why I have my IT8 target up here onscreen, because we are…going to use that for doing the calibration. All right!…To move right into Preferences, then, you go to the SilverFast menu, and go to…Preferences, or you can just type in Command on the Mac, or Control, and Comma to…get to the Preferences.…That's typically how I do it, and that works in a lot of applications these days, by the way.…First, I just want to dispense with this one over on the right, in case you…haven't viewed the earlier videos in the automatic scanning. This is for…controlling the automatic scanning pilot, so I am not going to go over here. If…you are interested in how to use that from the automatic scanning mode, then…refer to the Preferences video in the automatic scanning section.…
So let's start here with the General section, and notice that there is a…
- Arranging your workspace
- Setting up color management
- Setting scan frame and resolution
- Calibrating the scanner
- Performing grayscale and color automatic scans
- Performing a negative color film scan
- Scanning simple line art and changing it into vectors
- Scanning photos
- Making global color corrections to a scan
- Removing noise, dust, and scratches
- Batch scanning
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Introducing SilverFast
Launching SilverFast4m 2s
2. Setting up for Automatic Scanning Projects
3. Start to Finish: Automatic Scanning Projects
4. Setting up for Manual Scanning
5. Start to Finish: Manual Scanning Projects
6. Special Scanning Topics
7. Streamlining Your Scanning
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.