Join Taz Tally for an in-depth discussion in this video Scanning landscape color photos, part of SilverFast: Scanning.
In this video, I'd like to show you how to manually scan a color landscape image.…Let's start with a little bit of evaluation of our image first.…When we look at an image like this, we look at a landscape image, what are the challenges?…Well, if we've got a white highlight, we absolutely want to get correct.…Like many landscape images shot in bright sunshine, they have an overall blue…color cast in them and you can even see that just looking at the image.…This is very common.…We have got a neutral white highlight in the foam here and the spray somewhere.…So that's going to be a critical part of this image and I always, whenever I do…any image editing, I always look and ask myself; what is the most critical part of this image?…Well, getting this white spray foam correct is going to be a key emphasis for us.…
Shadow detail is less important in this image, but I suspect looking at this,…we have got shadow detail probably down in here somewhere, where we want to maintain it.…But in this case, we probably don't want to neutralize that, we want the…
- Arranging your workspace
- Setting up color management
- Setting scan frame and resolution
- Calibrating the scanner
- Performing grayscale and color automatic scans
- Performing a negative color film scan
- Scanning simple line art and changing it into vectors
- Scanning photos
- Making global color corrections to a scan
- Removing noise, dust, and scratches
- Batch scanning
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introducing SilverFast
Launching SilverFast4m 2s
2. Setting up for Automatic Scanning Projects
3. Start to Finish: Automatic Scanning Projects
4. Setting up for Manual Scanning
5. Start to Finish: Manual Scanning Projects
6. Special Scanning Topics
7. Streamlining Your Scanning
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.