Join Taz Tally for an in-depth discussion in this video Scanning grayscale photos , part of SilverFast: Scanning.
In this video, I'd like to show you how to capture a continuous tone grayscale…image using the Manual toolset in SilverFast.…And if you have been through the automatic version, you are going to see a lot…of similarities but you are also going to see that we have a lot more control…working in Manual mode.…First thing we have done here is I have clicked on Prescan, so we could actually…see the image and that's a good place to start.…Now, let's talk about what some of the challenges are and what some of our goals…are for capturing a continuous tone grayscale image.…This is a great image to do for continuous tone scans because it has so many…of the common scanning challenges and goals that we have in continuous tone grayscale images.…
One of our first issues is going to be maintaining highlight detail and shadow detail.…And in this particular image, the white fur and the dark fur are going to be…critical portions of this image.…We also of course want to have and address the issues of overall brightness and…
- Arranging your workspace
- Setting up color management
- Setting scan frame and resolution
- Calibrating the scanner
- Performing grayscale and color automatic scans
- Performing a negative color film scan
- Scanning simple line art and changing it into vectors
- Scanning photos
- Making global color corrections to a scan
- Removing noise, dust, and scratches
- Batch scanning
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introducing SilverFast
Launching SilverFast4m 2s
2. Setting up for Automatic Scanning Projects
3. Start to Finish: Automatic Scanning Projects
4. Setting up for Manual Scanning
5. Start to Finish: Manual Scanning Projects
6. Special Scanning Topics
7. Streamlining Your Scanning
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.