Join Taz Tally for an in-depth discussion in this video Scanning grayscale photos , part of SilverFast: Scanning.
In this video, I'd like to show you how to scan a continuous tone grayscale image.…The image we are going to use is this photograph of my best buddy in the world, Zip.…And before we get started and going into the automatic mode, I'd like to address…a couple of our challenges and goals that we are going to be working with when…we capture a continuous tone image.…First of all, I've already performed a Prescan here in the full Manual mode and…that's why the image is up on screen.…When we're working with continuous tone images, unlike working with line art,…where the issue is all about reproducing edges, in continuous tone images,…the issue is all about reproducing the wide variety of grayscale values that…you have in your image.…
And in particular, in images particularly have portraits like this, we want to…really pay attention to three of four key things.…One is the white highlight, like in Zip's fur, for instance, we want to make…sure that this white fur is nice and bright and white but not so light that we…
- Arranging your workspace
- Setting up color management
- Setting scan frame and resolution
- Calibrating the scanner
- Performing grayscale and color automatic scans
- Performing a negative color film scan
- Scanning simple line art and changing it into vectors
- Scanning photos
- Making global color corrections to a scan
- Removing noise, dust, and scratches
- Batch scanning
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Introducing SilverFast
Launching SilverFast4m 2s
2. Setting up for Automatic Scanning Projects
3. Start to Finish: Automatic Scanning Projects
4. Setting up for Manual Scanning
5. Start to Finish: Manual Scanning Projects
6. Special Scanning Topics
7. Streamlining Your Scanning
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.