Join Taz Tally for an in-depth discussion in this video Scanning detailed line art , part of SilverFast: Scanning.
In this video, I would like to show you how using the Manual Scanner interface…and tools to capture detailed line art.…Let's begin our discussion by looking at our detailed line art image and just…talk about what are some of our challenges and goals are.…I have already done a prescan, as you can see it's a good place to usually…start the scanning process to just set our frame and then enlarge our image by…clicking on the Magnifying Glass and take a look and discuss this image just a little bit.…With simple line art, it's 100% about capturing the edge and reproducing the…edge, but with detailed line art, this image is more about capturing all of its…details that's in here.…
So we could capture this image as a simple black and white line art image,…clicking up here on the Bit depth, but notice what happens.…A lot of the detail gets lost because the lighter grayscale values are…being pushed to white.…So it really can be much better off capturing this in 8 bit mode.…The next thing to address is the contrast.…
- Arranging your workspace
- Setting up color management
- Setting scan frame and resolution
- Calibrating the scanner
- Performing grayscale and color automatic scans
- Performing a negative color film scan
- Scanning simple line art and changing it into vectors
- Scanning photos
- Making global color corrections to a scan
- Removing noise, dust, and scratches
- Batch scanning
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introducing SilverFast
Launching SilverFast4m 2s
2. Setting up for Automatic Scanning Projects
3. Start to Finish: Automatic Scanning Projects
4. Setting up for Manual Scanning
5. Start to Finish: Manual Scanning Projects
6. Special Scanning Topics
7. Streamlining Your Scanning
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.