Join Taz Tally for an in-depth discussion in this video Scanning detailed line art , part of SilverFast: Scanning.
In this project I'd like to show you how to scan complex line art using the…automatic interface in SilverFast, but before we go there, let's just talk a…little bit about the challenges we have with detailed line art.…In an earlier portion of the course we scanned simple line art, and the issue…there was all about edge reproduction. And here it's still about edge…reproduction, but it's also about detail reproduction.…And notice in this particular piece of line art there is an enormous amount of…detail. This is a pen-and-ink drawing of an octopus, which is used as one of the…logos for the Center for Alaskan Coastal Studies, where I live up on Kachemak…Bay, in Homer, Alaska.…
And when you think about this kind of line art, it's kind of like halfway…between a photograph and just a simple logo.…So we have some of the challenges of both line art and a continuous-tone image.…So the tools and decisions that we're going to make will reflect this additional…challenge of having more detail in the image.…
- Arranging your workspace
- Setting up color management
- Setting scan frame and resolution
- Calibrating the scanner
- Performing grayscale and color automatic scans
- Performing a negative color film scan
- Scanning simple line art and changing it into vectors
- Scanning photos
- Making global color corrections to a scan
- Removing noise, dust, and scratches
- Batch scanning
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Introducing SilverFast
Launching SilverFast4m 2s
2. Setting up for Automatic Scanning Projects
3. Start to Finish: Automatic Scanning Projects
4. Setting up for Manual Scanning
5. Start to Finish: Manual Scanning Projects
6. Special Scanning Topics
7. Streamlining Your Scanning
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.