Join Taz Tally for an in-depth discussion in this video Scanning color product shots, part of SilverFast: Scanning.
In this movie, I'd like to show you how to scan a product shot using the Manual…interface in SilverFast.…But before we get started here, I'd like to encourage you to, first, watch the two…previous videos in this chapter on the Landscape and on the Portrait scanning…because I discussed a lot of the foundation and some of the basic tools and here…I am just going to use them to save you a little bit of time from having to…watch the same information multiple times.…If you're interested in even more foundational information, I refer you to my…previous scanning class in the Fundamental section, which really goes into a lot…of the details about RGB and grayscale values and all of that.…
So dig to your heart's delight and then come on back.…So we have got a product shot here and the first thing that we are going to do…is perform the prescan which we have already done, just click on the Prescan…button and then we are going to move our frame just roughly up into here and…then we'll click on the magnifying glass to bring it up and this allows us to…
- Arranging your workspace
- Setting up color management
- Setting scan frame and resolution
- Calibrating the scanner
- Performing grayscale and color automatic scans
- Performing a negative color film scan
- Scanning simple line art and changing it into vectors
- Scanning photos
- Making global color corrections to a scan
- Removing noise, dust, and scratches
- Batch scanning
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introducing SilverFast
Launching SilverFast4m 2s
2. Setting up for Automatic Scanning Projects
3. Start to Finish: Automatic Scanning Projects
4. Setting up for Manual Scanning
5. Start to Finish: Manual Scanning Projects
6. Special Scanning Topics
7. Streamlining Your Scanning
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.