Join Taz Tally for an in-depth discussion in this video Removing noise and patterns, part of SilverFast: Scanning.
In this video, I'd like to show you how, using a filter called GANE filter, we…can take an image like this, which is soft because it's got some noise in the…background, and use the GANE filter that help take away some of that noise and…sharpen our image at the same time.…The problem with images like these that have been shot under low light and then…compressed with JPEG compression is they tend to have the noise from the high…ISO and then some JPEG artifacts on top of that.…So we open up this image and magnify it, and then we're going to hit the GANE…filter. This is the filter that's called the Grain and Noise Elimination…filter whereas, in fact, it's a Noise Elimination filter and a sharpening…tool at the same time.…
Now we can just assign a preset here, like Light, Medium, or Strong.…But to really see what the impact of this is going to be, I suggest you go ahead…and turn on the Preview. You accomplish that by clicking on the 1:1.…It does a high-resolution overview scan and that allows us to take a look at our…
- Arranging your workspace
- Setting up color management
- Setting scan frame and resolution
- Calibrating the scanner
- Performing grayscale and color automatic scans
- Performing a negative color film scan
- Scanning simple line art and changing it into vectors
- Scanning photos
- Making global color corrections to a scan
- Removing noise, dust, and scratches
- Batch scanning
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introducing SilverFast
Launching SilverFast4m 2s
2. Setting up for Automatic Scanning Projects
3. Start to Finish: Automatic Scanning Projects
4. Setting up for Manual Scanning
5. Start to Finish: Manual Scanning Projects
6. Special Scanning Topics
7. Streamlining Your Scanning
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.