In this movie, I'd like to show you how to use the SRD filter to remove dust and…scratches from a reflective image.…Earlier we accomplished a film scan using the iSRD tool which is the infrared…dust and scratches filter.…When we're doing reflective art, we use the standard SRD dust and scratches filter.…So we activate that by clicking on the SRD icon and this dialog box comes up.…And first thing we're going to want to do is turn that Preview on, just like any…of these other filters like the Unsharp Mask or the GANE filter.…
We want to actually see what it's going to be doing to our images and the only…way to do that is to get that high-resolution scan.…So the scanner, we'll go through a high-resolution scan.…It takes just a minute or two and then it'll bring it up and look like this,…and then you can use your navigator to move around just like we did when we…applied the GANE filter.…In this case, we're going to move into this area here where it's a little bit…darker where we can see some of the nasty dust and scratches that we have in the…
- Arranging your workspace
- Setting up color management
- Setting scan frame and resolution
- Calibrating the scanner
- Performing grayscale and color automatic scans
- Performing a negative color film scan
- Scanning simple line art and changing it into vectors
- Scanning photos
- Making global color corrections to a scan
- Removing noise, dust, and scratches
- Batch scanning
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introducing SilverFast
Launching SilverFast4m 2s
2. Setting up for Automatic Scanning Projects
3. Start to Finish: Automatic Scanning Projects
4. Setting up for Manual Scanning
5. Start to Finish: Manual Scanning Projects
6. Special Scanning Topics
7. Streamlining Your Scanning
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.