Join Taz Tally for an in-depth discussion in this video Previewing scan settings with the info tool, part of SilverFast: Scanning.
Here I'd like to show you a tool that you can use at any time during the…scanning process. And this is going to be a particularly useful tool to…allow you to review settings that you've already made. Maybe you're halfway…through the scanning process in a setup where you just completed a scan like we just have.…And you go, "What were the settings that I have?"…At any point you can access this tool called Info. All you need to do is click…on that tool and it gives you a whole list of all the settings that you've…applied to this image.…It gives you the name, Tina_RGB_300, the path where you saved it--that's…useful--the file format you use, the resolution in pixels per inch, what the…width and height of the frame was, the color mode, the depth, everything about…this image that you would set.…
Remember the color profiles, the working space, the Adobe RGB.…So the Info tool is handy, and you can even show the curve that was used to…apply to your image.…So it's a very handy tool at any point when you want to review the setup…
- Arranging your workspace
- Setting up color management
- Setting scan frame and resolution
- Calibrating the scanner
- Performing grayscale and color automatic scans
- Performing a negative color film scan
- Scanning simple line art and changing it into vectors
- Scanning photos
- Making global color corrections to a scan
- Removing noise, dust, and scratches
- Batch scanning
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introducing SilverFast
Launching SilverFast4m 2s
2. Setting up for Automatic Scanning Projects
3. Start to Finish: Automatic Scanning Projects
4. Setting up for Manual Scanning
5. Start to Finish: Manual Scanning Projects
6. Special Scanning Topics
7. Streamlining Your Scanning
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.