Join Taz Tally for an in-depth discussion in this video Preparing for automatic scanning, part of SilverFast: Scanning.
In this segment, I'd like to show you how to set some of your preferences for…controlling automatic scanning mode.…Here before us, we have the WorkflowPilot, which is the automatic scanning mode…interface in SilverFast. But you will notice that if we go to the SilverFast…menu and choose Preferences, we can't access them when we're actually in…Automatic mode. We have to move to Manual mode.…So to do that, we'll click on WorkflowPilot and bring up the Full Manual mode,…then we go underneath the SilverFast menu and choose Preferences. And there's…two sets of presences for us to address for automatic workflow, and that is the…Auto and then the WorkflowPilot.…
We'll adjust some of these other preferences later on in the course.…So let's go right to Auto.…I'm not going to go over each and every one of these.…I want to address the most important ones here for automatic scanning mode.…The first two ones to address are the Highlight Offset and the Shadow Offset.…Notice the Highlight Offset is set at 2, and the Shadow Offset is set at 98.…
- Arranging your workspace
- Setting up color management
- Setting scan frame and resolution
- Calibrating the scanner
- Performing grayscale and color automatic scans
- Performing a negative color film scan
- Scanning simple line art and changing it into vectors
- Scanning photos
- Making global color corrections to a scan
- Removing noise, dust, and scratches
- Batch scanning
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Introducing SilverFast
Launching SilverFast4m 2s
2. Setting up for Automatic Scanning Projects
3. Start to Finish: Automatic Scanning Projects
4. Setting up for Manual Scanning
5. Start to Finish: Manual Scanning Projects
6. Special Scanning Topics
7. Streamlining Your Scanning
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.