Join Taz Tally for an in-depth discussion in this video Launching SilverFast, part of SilverFast: Scanning.
In this segment, I'd like to discuss the various methods and ways you can access…the SilverFast 8 application on both Mac and Windows.…The first and most direct method is to go to the application itself or to…install it on your computer.…And on a Macintosh--which is what you see here--it's inside the boot drive,…inside the Applications folder, and then you find a folder called SilverFast…Application and then the SilverFast 8 folder and then the application itself.…It's very similar on Windows. Instead of the Application folder, it's called the…Programs folder, and you go through a similar sequence of folders to actually…find the application. And then you can just double-click on that icon.…
And notice it goes right to the SilverFast application startup screen.…So that's one way to do it.…But that gets a little bit tedious to have to do that all the time, so let's go…ahead and quit the application and talk about a couple of easier ways to go…ahead and launch the application.…One is: on both Mac and Windows you can create something called an alias on the…
- Arranging your workspace
- Setting up color management
- Setting scan frame and resolution
- Calibrating the scanner
- Performing grayscale and color automatic scans
- Performing a negative color film scan
- Scanning simple line art and changing it into vectors
- Scanning photos
- Making global color corrections to a scan
- Removing noise, dust, and scratches
- Batch scanning
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Introducing SilverFast
Launching SilverFast4m 2s
2. Setting up for Automatic Scanning Projects
3. Start to Finish: Automatic Scanning Projects
4. Setting up for Manual Scanning
5. Start to Finish: Manual Scanning Projects
6. Special Scanning Topics
7. Streamlining Your Scanning
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.