Join Taz Tally for an in-depth discussion in this video High-bit-depth and HDR scanning, part of SilverFast: Scanning.
In this movie, I'd like to discuss the topic of HiBit Depth Scanning.…We are really not going to be working on any images here because it's not necessary.…I just want to address one part of the interface and that's this little icon right here.…We've been working in here throughout the course but we've pretty much been…working in the top half of this. HiBit Depth Scanning means capturing an…image at a high capture bit depth.…For instance, let's talk about what we've done so far, and then talk about what…we could do with the options in terms of bit depth.…
When we captured our 1 bit black and white line art image and we convert it to…vectors, we chose this bit depth: 16 -> 1 Bit.…What this means is that SilverFast captures in 16 bits per pixel of…grayscale, but delivers us 1 bit that is 1 bit black-and-white.…In the continuous tone grayscale image, or in the detail line art image, we…captured 16 bits of grayscale, but when we got done editing it in our…application in SilverFast, we output 8 bits.…
- Arranging your workspace
- Setting up color management
- Setting scan frame and resolution
- Calibrating the scanner
- Performing grayscale and color automatic scans
- Performing a negative color film scan
- Scanning simple line art and changing it into vectors
- Scanning photos
- Making global color corrections to a scan
- Removing noise, dust, and scratches
- Batch scanning
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Introducing SilverFast
Launching SilverFast4m 2s
2. Setting up for Automatic Scanning Projects
3. Start to Finish: Automatic Scanning Projects
4. Setting up for Manual Scanning
5. Start to Finish: Manual Scanning Projects
6. Special Scanning Topics
7. Streamlining Your Scanning
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.