Join Taz Tally for an in-depth discussion in this video Calibrating your scanner, part of SilverFast: Scanning.
In this movie, I'd like to show you how to calibrate, or create a custom color…management profile for your scanner.…The reason for this is, when we create a custom profile, it improves the accuracy…and consistency of your scanning.…I mentioned in the previous video, the one on setting up preferences, that setting…up preferences, and doing calibration are kind of related to each other, and…that's because we're going to be creating a custom profile using this target,…and then our goal is we're going to be moving into the Color Management section…of the Preferences.…In the last movie, we chose the generic profile for the Epson; this…reflective profile.…
What we're going to do is replace that with a custom profile, again, to improve…our consistency, and color accuracy.…You'll notice that there is a bunch of profiles that have already have been…placed in here during the installation, and if you have problems locating the…profile folder, you can search for the word profile, or you can search for one of…
- Arranging your workspace
- Setting up color management
- Setting scan frame and resolution
- Calibrating the scanner
- Performing grayscale and color automatic scans
- Performing a negative color film scan
- Scanning simple line art and changing it into vectors
- Scanning photos
- Making global color corrections to a scan
- Removing noise, dust, and scratches
- Batch scanning
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Scanning Techniques for Photography Art and Designwith Taz Tally6h 53m Intermediate
1. Introducing SilverFast
Launching SilverFast4m 2s
2. Setting up for Automatic Scanning Projects
3. Start to Finish: Automatic Scanning Projects
4. Setting up for Manual Scanning
5. Start to Finish: Manual Scanning Projects
6. Special Scanning Topics
7. Streamlining Your Scanning
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.