Join Taz Tally for an in-depth discussion in this video Bringing out shadow details, part of SilverFast: Scanning.
In this movie, I'd like to show you how you can adjust shadow details.…Shadow details is one of those critical areas that we struggle with in a lot…of different images.…And in this case I'd like to use this photograph I took from my front porch…looking across Kachemak Bay for morning sunrise with the southern Kenai…Mountains. It's a great thing to wake up to.…And let's say that we wanted to adjust just this portion of the image down here.…We like the sky the way it is, we just like to adjust this portion of the image…without adjusting the highlights and shadows.…Well there is a couple ways to go about doing this.…
First tool to take a look at, which is a more generalized tool, is the Gradation…tool, and couple of different ways to go about adjusting the Gradation tool.…Just to remind you this is the highlight end, this is the shadow end, midtone,…quarter tone and three-quarter tone.…If we are going to adjust the shadow area we are going to be working in the…three-quarter tone area.…And that's really what we mean when we say, oh, we are going to adjust the shadow.…
- Arranging your workspace
- Setting up color management
- Setting scan frame and resolution
- Calibrating the scanner
- Performing grayscale and color automatic scans
- Performing a negative color film scan
- Scanning simple line art and changing it into vectors
- Scanning photos
- Making global color corrections to a scan
- Removing noise, dust, and scratches
- Batch scanning
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Introducing SilverFast
Launching SilverFast4m 2s
2. Setting up for Automatic Scanning Projects
3. Start to Finish: Automatic Scanning Projects
4. Setting up for Manual Scanning
5. Start to Finish: Manual Scanning Projects
6. Special Scanning Topics
7. Streamlining Your Scanning
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.