Join Taz Tally for an in-depth discussion in this video Arranging your workspace, part of SilverFast: Scanning.
In this movie, I would like to chat with you a little bit about setting up your…workspace in terms of SilverFast, and also a little bit about how you can use…the WorkflowPilot as a learning tool.…First, this is how your workspace looks in SilverFast when you launch it, and it…goes automatically to the manual workflow.…And remember, the workflow really starts over here, and goes from left to right.…Typically you'll use these four tools first, and then this tool over here.…And the size of your window that you have here, the whole setup really…depends upon your monitor, and you can adjust the dimensions of this workspace…any way that you want to.…
By the way, the larger the monitor, the better, because it's easier to see things,…so you can adjust the size and dimensions of your entire workspace. And notice,…if we pull this in and out like this, it adjusts the size of your framing space.…And typically -- and let's just go ahead and do a Prescan, just so we have an…image up on screen --…the largest area that you're going to be working with is this frame area over…
- Arranging your workspace
- Setting up color management
- Setting scan frame and resolution
- Calibrating the scanner
- Performing grayscale and color automatic scans
- Performing a negative color film scan
- Scanning simple line art and changing it into vectors
- Scanning photos
- Making global color corrections to a scan
- Removing noise, dust, and scratches
- Batch scanning
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Introducing SilverFast
Launching SilverFast4m 2s
2. Setting up for Automatic Scanning Projects
3. Start to Finish: Automatic Scanning Projects
4. Setting up for Manual Scanning
5. Start to Finish: Manual Scanning Projects
6. Special Scanning Topics
7. Streamlining Your Scanning
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.