Join Taz Tally for an in-depth discussion in this video Arranging your workspace, part of SilverFast: Scanning.
In this segment, I'd like to talk a little bit about managing your workspace,…in particularly, working with your frame area inside your image.…That's this area over here, where we have the frame where our image appears…when we're scanning.…So let's choose Source of photo and a Task of print, which is kind of a common…one that we might use when we're scanning images for a variety of print uses.…And let's go ahead and start and perform our pre-scan.…And notice, our image occurs over here and here's our scan frame, and if we left…the scan frame like this, it would scan the image and all of this background,…which we can see over here would give us a 25 megabyte file, which is larger…than we certainly need for this 5x7 image.…
First thing to pay attention to is, depending upon which output task you've…chosen, which scan dimensions and resolutions you have access to is going to…change depending upon your choice.…Since this is a common one, I want to show you this Fix scan… frame to selected output format.…
- Arranging your workspace
- Setting up color management
- Setting scan frame and resolution
- Calibrating the scanner
- Performing grayscale and color automatic scans
- Performing a negative color film scan
- Scanning simple line art and changing it into vectors
- Scanning photos
- Making global color corrections to a scan
- Removing noise, dust, and scratches
- Batch scanning
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Introducing SilverFast
Launching SilverFast4m 2s
2. Setting up for Automatic Scanning Projects
3. Start to Finish: Automatic Scanning Projects
4. Setting up for Manual Scanning
5. Start to Finish: Manual Scanning Projects
6. Special Scanning Topics
7. Streamlining Your Scanning
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.