Join Taz Tally for an in-depth discussion in this video Adjusting, naming, formatting, and locating an image, part of SilverFast: Scanning.
Here I'd like to take you through a sample scan and show you some of the…impacts, some of the auto adjustment tools so you can get a handle on that, and…in the final step discuss naming and assigning a file format and a location for your scan.…All right!…So let's get started, let's come up here to our source and choose Photo from our…input source and then Task.…We'll use Print like we've been doing all along, and then we'll choose the…standard bit depth of 48 -> 24 and then choose Start.…And our pre-scan is performed, and we can watch the pre-scan progress down here.…
And we're going to choose our Fix scan frame, and we'll go ahead and choose…5.0" x 7.0", since that matches our image. And we're going to choose portrait rather…than landscape. And we'll set the upper left-hand corner there and then the lower…right-hand corner here and then we can nudge that up a little bit.…And, by the way, if you're wondering why I have this ruler up here, the small…six-inch ruler that's about three quarters of an inch wide is I often use that,…
- Arranging your workspace
- Setting up color management
- Setting scan frame and resolution
- Calibrating the scanner
- Performing grayscale and color automatic scans
- Performing a negative color film scan
- Scanning simple line art and changing it into vectors
- Scanning photos
- Making global color corrections to a scan
- Removing noise, dust, and scratches
- Batch scanning
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Introducing SilverFast
Launching SilverFast4m 2s
2. Setting up for Automatic Scanning Projects
3. Start to Finish: Automatic Scanning Projects
4. Setting up for Manual Scanning
5. Start to Finish: Manual Scanning Projects
6. Special Scanning Topics
7. Streamlining Your Scanning
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.