Join Julian Velard for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know before watching, part of The Songwriter's Toolkit: Learning from the Masters.
- [Instructor] This course was designed for songwriters of an intermediate level. My assumption is that you've already had some experience writing songs and you're looking for tools to push your writing further. While music literacy and knowledge of music theory may be helpful, it is not required to understand the techniques I'll be sharing throughout the course. If a technique touches on a deeper concept I'll be pointing you to videos in my other courses that explain those concepts in full. If you're writing songs and you're interested in learning some clever and unexpected ways to shape your musical ideas, this course is for you.
- Using your bridge as an intro
- Adding an outro to your song
- Reharmonizing a chorus as an outro
- Ditching a verse
- Experimenting with multiple bridges
- Using modulation in a duet
- Using the tonic chord