- View Offline
Prerequisite: A basic understanding of music notation and theory will yield the best results from this course.
- Working with Magnetic Layout
- Setting essential preferences
- Controlling basic score playback
- Ensuring good score readability and organization
- Adding time signatures and key signatures
- Entering notes, rests, accidentals, and chords
- Inputting notation with a MIDI keyboard
- Creating and extending slurs and phrase marks
- Engraving and formatting
- Saving time with quick key shortcuts
- Printing and exporting a completed project
- Sharing scores via the Scorch plug-in
Skill Level Beginner
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Jenny Amaya and I'd like to welcome you to Sibelius 7 Essential Training. In this course, I'll walk you through how to create and edit your music in Sibelius, from score creation and note entry all the way through printing a professional looking score and parts. I'll start by giving you a broad overview of the Sibelius interface so that you can quickly and easily make your way around the program. Next, I'll show you how to create a score and we'll explore several different ways of inputting notes and other score objects. I'll also give you some advance insight into how to set up the default positions in styles of text and other score objects so that they appear where you want them and so that they look exactly how you want them to look on the page.
Finally, I'll demonstrate how to format your score and its parts so that you can print and share your professional looking music with the world. Let's get started with Sibelius 7 Essential Training.