Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Why use Shopify?, part of Learn Shopify: The Basics.
- [Instructor] Shopify is one of the most well known…and powerful e-commerce solutions on the web.…It's ideal if you don't want to worry…about the technology and instead you want to…focus on the products you're selling,…and how you're selling them.…You can imagine Shopify a bit like a condo.…Whenever the water main breaks…or the roof needs a repair,…you can call someone and by the time…you get home from work, someone has already…fixed the problem, and left you a note…saying that it's taken care of.…This can be pretty amazing for a store owner,…especially if you contrast this with…other e-commerce platforms.…
They're more like owning a house.…If something breaks, you have to fix it yourself,…or pay a contractor to fix it for you.…Shopify has a huge theme marketplace,…so you can pick exactly the theme that works for you.…They have a ton of Free themes, some Premium themes.…You can filter by industry as well as sort…by popularity, price, and most recent.…Any store owner can get one of these themes…and install it on their site without…
Learn Shopify: The Basics takes you through the setup, configuration, publication, and management of your first online store using Shopify. Author Patrick Rauland helps you select a visual theme, set up products and inventory, collect payments, configure shipping, and manage orders with the Shopify dashboard. Along the way, he offers tips and best practices for running a successful online store.
- Why Shopify?
- Adding products and product information
- Selecting a theme for your Shopify store
- Customizing menus
- Setting up shipping
- Collecting payments online
- Configuring taxes
- Installing Shopify apps
- Managing orders, inventory, and sales from the dashboard
- Launching your store
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Shopify
2. Add Products
3. Select a Theme
4. Configure Shipping Settings
5. Collect Payment
6. The Shopify App Store
7. The Shopify Dashboard
8. Launch Your Store
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.