Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Use your custom domain, part of Learning Shopify.
- [Narrator] When you create your Shopify account,…they'll automatically create your domain.…In our case, it's hplussports.myshopify.com.…There's nothing wrong using this url,…but it is a bit long and you'll likely wanna have…a more professional looking domain name,…like hplussports.com.…To get hplussports.com, or any other domain,…you can get them through a third party,…like Godaddy or Hover.…Or, the easiest and fastest way is to buy it…directly through Shopify.…
They'll automatically configure it for you.…And if you ever want to transfer away from Shopify,…a year down the line or 10 years down the line,…they'll transfer it to hover.com,…which is one of my favorite domain registrars.…We won't be showing it in this course,…because there's usually a several hour time lag…for domain switches to go into effect,…but if you have already bought your domain,…you'll have to follow these instructions…to set it up with your Shopify store.…
Learn Shopify: The Basics takes you through the setup, configuration, publication, and management of your first online store using Shopify. Author Patrick Rauland helps you select a visual theme, set up products and inventory, collect payments, configure shipping, and manage orders with the Shopify dashboard. Along the way, he offers tips and best practices for running a successful online store.
- Why Shopify?
- Adding products and product information
- Selecting a theme for your Shopify store
- Customizing menus
- Setting up shipping
- Collecting payments online
- Configuring taxes
- Installing Shopify apps
- Managing orders, inventory, and sales from the dashboard
- Launching your store
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Shopify
2. Add Products
3. Select a Theme
4. Configure Shipping Settings
5. Collect Payment
6. The Shopify App Store
7. The Shopify Dashboard
8. Launch Your Store
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.