Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Understand online payments, part of Learning Shopify.
- [Voiceover] Displaying a list of products…on your site is one thing.…Displaying products and letting people…transfer money electronically to buy those products…is a totally different thing,…and it requires extra setup.…To get paid online, you typically need four things:…a website, a payment gateway,…a merchant account, and a bank account for your business.…The website is pretty straightforward.…This is where a customer will add products to their cart,…check out, and enter their payment information.…Your website then needs to send it…to the payment gateway.…
The payment gateway checks to make sure…that the funds are available.…If the funds aren't available,…the payment gateway will return that information…to the website, and the website will display an error.…If the funds are available, then the payment gateway…will again return that information to the website,…and the website will complete the transaction.…The next step depends on what type…of payment gateway you have.…There are two broad categories.…I call them Traditional Gateways…
Learn Shopify: The Basics takes you through the setup, configuration, publication, and management of your first online store using Shopify. Author Patrick Rauland helps you select a visual theme, set up products and inventory, collect payments, configure shipping, and manage orders with the Shopify dashboard. Along the way, he offers tips and best practices for running a successful online store.
- Why Shopify?
- Adding products and product information
- Selecting a theme for your Shopify store
- Customizing menus
- Setting up shipping
- Collecting payments online
- Configuring taxes
- Installing Shopify apps
- Managing orders, inventory, and sales from the dashboard
- Launching your store
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Shopify
2. Add Products
3. Select a Theme
4. Configure Shipping Settings
5. Collect Payment
6. The Shopify App Store
7. The Shopify Dashboard
8. Launch Your Store
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.