Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Understand and interact with customers, part of Learning Shopify.
- [Narrator] One of your duties as a store owner…is to understand your customers so you can better serve them…and so you can optimize your store.…Optimizing your store doesn't always…mean getting more orders, although that's always good.…It could mean understanding why your customers…don't buy certain items,…and then remove those items from your catalog.…Or, you could optimize your store…by finding the most purchased product…and adding accessories for it.…These are the types of things…that e-Commerce platforms can't figure out for you,…but they do give you tools to help you figure this out.…
The first step is to understand your customer…and there's lots of data to help us do that.…In the Shopify admin, under Customers,…we can see a list of all of our customers.…From here you can click on an individual customer…to learn more information about them.…This includes their email address, their address,…as well as all of their orders, and recent products.…You can add notes and tags.…Let's say we go through our sales report…
Learn Shopify: The Basics takes you through the setup, configuration, publication, and management of your first online store using Shopify. Author Patrick Rauland helps you select a visual theme, set up products and inventory, collect payments, configure shipping, and manage orders with the Shopify dashboard. Along the way, he offers tips and best practices for running a successful online store.
- Why Shopify?
- Adding products and product information
- Selecting a theme for your Shopify store
- Customizing menus
- Setting up shipping
- Collecting payments online
- Configuring taxes
- Installing Shopify apps
- Managing orders, inventory, and sales from the dashboard
- Launching your store
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Shopify
2. Add Products
3. Select a Theme
4. Configure Shipping Settings
5. Collect Payment
6. The Shopify App Store
7. The Shopify Dashboard
8. Launch Your Store
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.