Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Set up real-time carrier rates, part of Learning Shopify.
- [Instructor] If you don't want to ballpark…your shipping costs, you should set up live rates,…also called real time rates.…Shopify lets you setup USPS, UPS, or FedEx.…These are the default shipping methods.…There are extra carriers you can enable…by installing a Shopify app.…Now, you could enable all of those services,…but generally speaking, giving a user…eight very similar choices isn't good for conversion.…You want to keep it simple.…I recommend picking one carrier to start with.…
You can always change carriers down the line.…Now there isn't a huge difference between these services.…You can create an account with each of these services,…and once you start getting orders,…you can start negotiating rates…and then usually one of them will be cheaper than the rest.…If you have no idea where to start, I recommend USPS.…They have a very tight integration into Shopify,…letting you print out labels from the admin,…and their flat rate boxes are a great deal,…and they fit all sorts of products.…
Let's go ahead and setup USPS in our store.…
Learn Shopify: The Basics takes you through the setup, configuration, publication, and management of your first online store using Shopify. Author Patrick Rauland helps you select a visual theme, set up products and inventory, collect payments, configure shipping, and manage orders with the Shopify dashboard. Along the way, he offers tips and best practices for running a successful online store.
- Why Shopify?
- Adding products and product information
- Selecting a theme for your Shopify store
- Customizing menus
- Setting up shipping
- Collecting payments online
- Configuring taxes
- Installing Shopify apps
- Managing orders, inventory, and sales from the dashboard
- Launching your store
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Shopify
2. Add Products
3. Select a Theme
4. Configure Shipping Settings
5. Collect Payment
6. The Shopify App Store
7. The Shopify Dashboard
8. Launch Your Store
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.