Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Set up free shipping, part of Learn Shopify: The Basics.
- [Male Narrator] I'm a huge fan of offering free shipping to customers. And with Shopify, it's easy to set up free shipping as well as unlockable free shipping. Unlockable free shipping is when customers are granted free shipping under certain conditions. An example of this would be free shipping for all orders over 100 dollars. So we're going to set up free shipping as an incentive to get people to buy more. So, if we've been running our store for a few weeks, we'll start to get an idea of what our average order value is.
And once we know that, we can use free shipping to get people to buy a little more. So let's say, our average order value is 50, we would set our free shipping at 75 dollars. That might only be one or two more products, and people are usually willing to spend that extra amount to avoid paying shipping. Let's go ahead and set this up in the admin. So we're just going to add this to the US shipping zone. Let's click on Edit right here. We're going to click on Edit here by the US, and create a price-based rate.
We're going to call it free shipping, and the minimum order price for us is going to be 75 dollars. Then we're going to click free shipping. And click Done. Press Save to put the free shipping into effect. Some companies take this to the next level, and they'll offer free express shipping. If you have another plateau of orders around 200 dollars, you could incentivize those people to spend a little bit more with free express shipping. Let's go ahead and type that in. Free Express Shipping.
We'll set it above the plateau. So, 225. And we'll click free shipping, and click Done. Just make sure that you explain what express shipping is on your site, so that visitors know how close they are to unlocking the next level and what it does for them. And don't forget to press Save.
Learn Shopify: The Basics takes you through the setup, configuration, publication, and management of your first online store using Shopify. Author Patrick Rauland helps you select a visual theme, set up products and inventory, collect payments, configure shipping, and manage orders with the Shopify dashboard. Along the way, he offers tips and best practices for running a successful online store.
- Why Shopify?
- Adding products and product information
- Selecting a theme for your Shopify store
- Customizing menus
- Setting up shipping
- Collecting payments online
- Configuring taxes
- Installing Shopify apps
- Managing orders, inventory, and sales from the dashboard
- Launching your store