Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Set up flat rate shipping, part of Learning Shopify.
- [Narrator] Shopify has some pretty good…shipping settings built in.…You can see the existing settings under Settings,…and then Shipping.…We already had three flat rates.…Two for the United States and one for the rest of the world.…These are a great starting point,…but as your store grows, it's likely…that you'll get some Canadian visitors…and they'll be interested in purchasing something…from your store but aren't interesting…in paying $18 for shipping.…We can offer them some better rates.…We're gonna add a whole new shipping zone called Canada.…
Add shipping zone.…We're gonna add a country.…It's right there.…Click Add.…And we're gonna call the zone Canada.…Go ahead and save that zone.…Looks like we don't have any rates yet.…Let's go ahead and add a rate.…I'm gonna click on Add rate.…We'll call it Standard shipping…and this is basically saying,…if the minimum order is zero, which is every order,…and if the maximum order price is zero,…then charge them this amount.…So basically, we're saying, if they order anything,…
Learn Shopify: The Basics takes you through the setup, configuration, publication, and management of your first online store using Shopify. Author Patrick Rauland helps you select a visual theme, set up products and inventory, collect payments, configure shipping, and manage orders with the Shopify dashboard. Along the way, he offers tips and best practices for running a successful online store.
- Why Shopify?
- Adding products and product information
- Selecting a theme for your Shopify store
- Customizing menus
- Setting up shipping
- Collecting payments online
- Configuring taxes
- Installing Shopify apps
- Managing orders, inventory, and sales from the dashboard
- Launching your store
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Shopify
2. Add Products
3. Select a Theme
4. Configure Shipping Settings
5. Collect Payment
6. The Shopify App Store
7. The Shopify Dashboard
8. Launch Your Store
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.