Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Set up Shopify payments, part of Learn Shopify: The Basics.
- [Instructor] Shopify Payments is the…default gateway for Shopify.…It's based on a very well known…and trusted payment gateway called Stripe.…It's very easy to setup and it can be done…entirely within the Shopify admin.…You don't need to setup an account elsewhere.…You'll also get pricing breaks…without having to negotiate which is very advantageous.…Let's go ahead and set this up in the admin.…Under Settings, and then Payments,…we can go here and click Edit.…Make sure that Use test mode is enabled.…
When this is checked, you should see…a yellow and black stripe across the top…of the Shopify Payments section.…Let's go ahead and press Save,…and test how this works in the front end.…I'll open up my store.…I'll scroll down and add one of these to my cart.…Now let's press Check Out.…Let's go ahead and enter a fake customer.…I'll put my name, and an address.…
There we go.…This all looks fine to me.…Continue to payment.…Now for test mode, you can enter any number…of test credit cards.…When you're in test mode,…you can use any number of test credit card numbers.…
Learn Shopify: The Basics takes you through the setup, configuration, publication, and management of your first online store using Shopify. Author Patrick Rauland helps you select a visual theme, set up products and inventory, collect payments, configure shipping, and manage orders with the Shopify dashboard. Along the way, he offers tips and best practices for running a successful online store.
- Why Shopify?
- Adding products and product information
- Selecting a theme for your Shopify store
- Customizing menus
- Setting up shipping
- Collecting payments online
- Configuring taxes
- Installing Shopify apps
- Managing orders, inventory, and sales from the dashboard
- Launching your store
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Shopify
2. Add Products
3. Select a Theme
4. Configure Shipping Settings
5. Collect Payment
6. The Shopify App Store
7. The Shopify Dashboard
8. Launch Your Store
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.