Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Inventory transfers, part of Learn Shopify: The Basics.
- [Narrator] If you buy products from the wholesaler…or manufacturer, one of the challenging things…about running a store is tracking…all of those supply orders.…When a customer buys one or two items…from an e-commerce site, 99 times out of 100…they get the order they expect.…But when you order 1,000 units from a manufacturer,…mistakes get made all the time.…An order might be delayed or forgotten.…They could be broken down into multiple shipments…and one of those goes missing.…Or an order could be missing items.…It's very easy to miss 10 items out of 1,000 item order.…
And an order could contain t0o many items…and if you accept all of them,…the supplier might track it down and decide…to invoice you for them later.…All of these problems are easy to solve…with the inventory transfer system…built into Shopify.…Before I show you that system,…you need to make sure that Shopify…is tracking your product's inventory.…You can see this under Inventory on the edit product page.…To make a new transfer, make sure you're under Products…
Learn Shopify: The Basics takes you through the setup, configuration, publication, and management of your first online store using Shopify. Author Patrick Rauland helps you select a visual theme, set up products and inventory, collect payments, configure shipping, and manage orders with the Shopify dashboard. Along the way, he offers tips and best practices for running a successful online store.
- Why Shopify?
- Adding products and product information
- Selecting a theme for your Shopify store
- Customizing menus
- Setting up shipping
- Collecting payments online
- Configuring taxes
- Installing Shopify apps
- Managing orders, inventory, and sales from the dashboard
- Launching your store
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Shopify
2. Add Products
3. Select a Theme
4. Configure Shipping Settings
5. Collect Payment
6. The Shopify App Store
7. The Shopify Dashboard
8. Launch Your Store
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.