Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video High-risk payments and fraud, part of Learn Shopify: The Basics.
- [Narrator] When you're capturing payment…and fulfilling orders,…there's one extra thing you should be aware of…and that's looking for fraud.…Primarily, fraud is when someone has stolen…another person's credit card…and they place an order on your store.…The problem with fraudulent payments…is that at some point, the credit card company…will cancel the card and start a chargeback…which costs you money.…This means you won't get paid…and you lost the product that you've shipped.…To prevent this, Shopify gives you an idea…of how likely an order is to be fraudulent.…
If an order is low, you should be fine.…If it's medium or higher, it might be worth doing a bit…of digging on your end.…The easiest thing to do is call the phone number…that the user has entered at checkout.…If they answer at all, it's likely to be legit.…Ask them why they might have a different billing…and shipping address or why their IP address does not match…the country that they're in.…You could do the same with email.…Maybe do a quick Google search for their email…
Learn Shopify: The Basics takes you through the setup, configuration, publication, and management of your first online store using Shopify. Author Patrick Rauland helps you select a visual theme, set up products and inventory, collect payments, configure shipping, and manage orders with the Shopify dashboard. Along the way, he offers tips and best practices for running a successful online store.
- Why Shopify?
- Adding products and product information
- Selecting a theme for your Shopify store
- Customizing menus
- Setting up shipping
- Collecting payments online
- Configuring taxes
- Installing Shopify apps
- Managing orders, inventory, and sales from the dashboard
- Launching your store
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Shopify
2. Add Products
3. Select a Theme
4. Configure Shipping Settings
5. Collect Payment
6. The Shopify App Store
7. The Shopify Dashboard
8. Launch Your Store
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.