Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Edit theme code, part of Learning Shopify.
- [Presenter] Most store owners don't want…to deal with code.…That's one of the huge advantages of Shopify,…is not having to deal with code,…or updates, or backups.…But in some situations,…you will have to deal with code.…If you really want to move these social media icons…above the add to cart button,…and there isn't an option in your theme,…you're gonna have to move them with code.…We're not gonna get into code in this course,…but I want to show you the editor.…Some Shopify apps will require you…to add a bit of code to your theme,…usually just copying and pasting,…so it's useful to have some idea…what you're looking at.…
In the Shopify admin, under online store,…and then themes,…if you click the three dots up here,…and then click edit HTML and CSS,…it'll open up a brand-new window for us.…On the left, we're gonna see a bunch of files.…These are called liquid files,…and it's what Shopify uses…to lay out the page.…If we click on one, like page.liquid,…it'll load it on the right-hand side,…and this is our code editor.…
Learn Shopify: The Basics takes you through the setup, configuration, publication, and management of your first online store using Shopify. Author Patrick Rauland helps you select a visual theme, set up products and inventory, collect payments, configure shipping, and manage orders with the Shopify dashboard. Along the way, he offers tips and best practices for running a successful online store.
- Why Shopify?
- Adding products and product information
- Selecting a theme for your Shopify store
- Customizing menus
- Setting up shipping
- Collecting payments online
- Configuring taxes
- Installing Shopify apps
- Managing orders, inventory, and sales from the dashboard
- Launching your store
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Shopify
2. Add Products
3. Select a Theme
4. Configure Shipping Settings
5. Collect Payment
6. The Shopify App Store
7. The Shopify Dashboard
8. Launch Your Store
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.