Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Determine product shipping options, part of Learning Shopify.
- [Narrator] One of the more challenging aspects…of running your first online store…is figuring out the best way to ship products.…In general, there are three ways…to display shipping costs to your users.…The first is to offer free shipping.…The next is to offer flat rate shipping.…And the last option is to offer live rates…directly from shipping providers like…USPS, UPS, and FedEx.…Free shipping is the easiest to set up,…and it makes your customers pretty darn happy.…Having shipping costs that are too high…is one of the main reasons customers abandon their cart.…
Having shipping costs that are too high…is one of the main reasons…that customers abandon their cart,…so if you can avoid that,…you'll get far more people checking out.…The next easiest option is to offer a flat rate.…Something like $10 per order in the US…and $20 for international.…It's not as expensive as free shipping,…which is good for your business,…but it's also inconsistent.…Sometimes you make a little money on shipping,…and sometimes you lose a little money.…
Learn Shopify: The Basics takes you through the setup, configuration, publication, and management of your first online store using Shopify. Author Patrick Rauland helps you select a visual theme, set up products and inventory, collect payments, configure shipping, and manage orders with the Shopify dashboard. Along the way, he offers tips and best practices for running a successful online store.
- Why Shopify?
- Adding products and product information
- Selecting a theme for your Shopify store
- Customizing menus
- Setting up shipping
- Collecting payments online
- Configuring taxes
- Installing Shopify apps
- Managing orders, inventory, and sales from the dashboard
- Launching your store
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Shopify
2. Add Products
3. Select a Theme
4. Configure Shipping Settings
5. Collect Payment
6. The Shopify App Store
7. The Shopify Dashboard
8. Launch Your Store
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.