Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Customize a theme, part of Learning Shopify.
- [Instructor] Once you've selected a good theme,…click on Customize theme in the Shopify admin.…This will load the Shopify customizer.…We can open up the menus to the right,…make changes,…and see the changes reflected on the left.…It makes it pretty easy to customize things.…Each theme will have completely different options.…Some will have 20 different things you can customize…on the home page,…and some will have none.…It's entirely dependent on the theme,…so if you want to have lots of options…on the home page or any other page,…make sure that your theme supports that.…
Before we start customizing every single setting,…I recommend you start out with the presets.…They change the color, typography, borders, everything.…They're a great starting point if you don't…have any design background…or if you don't have any design assets.…If you want to see your site in full-screen,…click this little arrow…and it'll load the whole thing.…Then you can click it again to go back to the customizer.…I'm going to go back to Bone…
Learn Shopify: The Basics takes you through the setup, configuration, publication, and management of your first online store using Shopify. Author Patrick Rauland helps you select a visual theme, set up products and inventory, collect payments, configure shipping, and manage orders with the Shopify dashboard. Along the way, he offers tips and best practices for running a successful online store.
- Why Shopify?
- Adding products and product information
- Selecting a theme for your Shopify store
- Customizing menus
- Setting up shipping
- Collecting payments online
- Configuring taxes
- Installing Shopify apps
- Managing orders, inventory, and sales from the dashboard
- Launching your store
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Shopify
2. Add Products
3. Select a Theme
4. Configure Shipping Settings
5. Collect Payment
6. The Shopify App Store
7. The Shopify Dashboard
8. Launch Your Store
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.