Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Customize social media settings, part of Learning Shopify.
- [Voiceover] There are a few more elements…of this theme that we should customize.…We already have these nice sharing icons…on the product page.…But if you go anywhere else on the site,…there's no social media information.…We want to at least add icons to other pages.…And this theme has a spot for them.…Right under Social Media.…You can fill in each of your social media profiles,…and they'll appear at the bottom of the page.…Let's go to a different page so we can see…exactly what this looks like.…
I'm gonna copy my Twitter url here.…And paste that in there.…And if I scroll down,…there it is.…And this will appear at the bottom of every page.…With our product, we don't have super detailed…product photos,…so it's probably not gonna be a good idea…to put them on Pinterest.…And we don't have a super new cool gadget…so it's not going to be good to put them on Fancy.…We also don't have videos,…so Vimeo and Tumblr are out,…so I'm going to focus on Twitter and Facebook.…
Now that both of those icons are there,…and they're on the bottom of every single page,…
Learn Shopify: The Basics takes you through the setup, configuration, publication, and management of your first online store using Shopify. Author Patrick Rauland helps you select a visual theme, set up products and inventory, collect payments, configure shipping, and manage orders with the Shopify dashboard. Along the way, he offers tips and best practices for running a successful online store.
- Why Shopify?
- Adding products and product information
- Selecting a theme for your Shopify store
- Customizing menus
- Setting up shipping
- Collecting payments online
- Configuring taxes
- Installing Shopify apps
- Managing orders, inventory, and sales from the dashboard
- Launching your store
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Shopify
2. Add Products
3. Select a Theme
4. Configure Shipping Settings
5. Collect Payment
6. The Shopify App Store
7. The Shopify Dashboard
8. Launch Your Store
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.