Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Customize order numbers, part of Learn Shopify: The Basics.
- [Instructor] If you're moving…from an older Ecommerce system to Shopify,…it can be useful to customize your order numbers.…That way, you can tell the difference…between orders on the old platform and orders on Shopify.…In the Admin, under Settings, and then the General tab,…we're gonna scroll all the way down,…and we'll see an area…where we can customize the order number.…We can't customize the order number itself…but we can add a prefix or suffix.…I recommend adding a -SH to the end of your suffix.…
That way, we know it's coming from our Shopify store.…Click Save, and we're done.…One note is that this only affects new orders,…so if you've already accepted some orders…and then changed the order format,…those initial orders will still have the old order format.…For that reason, it's definitely a good idea…to pick a format and stick with it.…
Learn Shopify: The Basics takes you through the setup, configuration, publication, and management of your first online store using Shopify. Author Patrick Rauland helps you select a visual theme, set up products and inventory, collect payments, configure shipping, and manage orders with the Shopify dashboard. Along the way, he offers tips and best practices for running a successful online store.
- Why Shopify?
- Adding products and product information
- Selecting a theme for your Shopify store
- Customizing menus
- Setting up shipping
- Collecting payments online
- Configuring taxes
- Installing Shopify apps
- Managing orders, inventory, and sales from the dashboard
- Launching your store
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Shopify
2. Add Products
3. Select a Theme
4. Configure Shipping Settings
5. Collect Payment
6. The Shopify App Store
7. The Shopify Dashboard
8. Launch Your Store
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.