Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Customize menus, part of Learning Shopify.
- [Instructor] If you add pages or collections to your site,…you may want to display these in the main navigation.…In the Shopify admin, under Online Store,…and then Navigation, we can edit all of this.…You'll see a list of menus that appear in your theme.…The names are usually pretty self-explanatory.…We want to add a contact page,…so let's click on Main menu, Edit menu,…and then Add menu item.…We can give it a name.…Contact is just fine.…
In fact I like to keep menu names really simple,…so let's do that, and then we're…linking to a page.…Now there's a lot of things we can link to here.…A Page is a specific page within our site.…We can also link to a Web address,…so that would be us linking to another website for example.…We could also link to a Search page,…the Blog, lots of other things,…but let's for right now just link to our Contact page.…Let's go ahead and save this.…Let's go to the front end to see this.…
We can see it on the left.…Now I've already collapsed this admin bar up here.…If you're ever browsing your store…
Learn Shopify: The Basics takes you through the setup, configuration, publication, and management of your first online store using Shopify. Author Patrick Rauland helps you select a visual theme, set up products and inventory, collect payments, configure shipping, and manage orders with the Shopify dashboard. Along the way, he offers tips and best practices for running a successful online store.
- Why Shopify?
- Adding products and product information
- Selecting a theme for your Shopify store
- Customizing menus
- Setting up shipping
- Collecting payments online
- Configuring taxes
- Installing Shopify apps
- Managing orders, inventory, and sales from the dashboard
- Launching your store
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Shopify
2. Add Products
3. Select a Theme
4. Configure Shipping Settings
5. Collect Payment
6. The Shopify App Store
7. The Shopify Dashboard
8. Launch Your Store
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.