Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Customize catalog and product page, part of Learn Shopify: The Basics.
- [Instructor] Two of the elements that you're going to…want to tweak the most are the Catalog page,…that's the page that shows all of your products,…as well as the individual product page.…Let's first customize the Catalog page.…I'm gonna go back to the admin,…click on Customize theme, wait for it to load,…and then I'll click on Catalog within the Customizer.…Just so we can see what we're doing.…Now, we have high quality photos of our products…but they're mostly packaging.…
They aren't detailed shots of the product itself.…Because we don't want to use a ton of space…on packaging, I'm going to change the number…of products per row to four.…Click on Collection page, Products per row, four.…Because this screen is a little bit smaller,…I'll have to view this full screen to see that.…That's all I'm going to do to…the Catalog page for right now.…If I had a few more products,…I might try to squeeze one more row in here,…but for right now this is fine.…
Let's go to the product page.…You can click on any of the products…
Learn Shopify: The Basics takes you through the setup, configuration, publication, and management of your first online store using Shopify. Author Patrick Rauland helps you select a visual theme, set up products and inventory, collect payments, configure shipping, and manage orders with the Shopify dashboard. Along the way, he offers tips and best practices for running a successful online store.
- Why Shopify?
- Adding products and product information
- Selecting a theme for your Shopify store
- Customizing menus
- Setting up shipping
- Collecting payments online
- Configuring taxes
- Installing Shopify apps
- Managing orders, inventory, and sales from the dashboard
- Launching your store
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Shopify
2. Add Products
3. Select a Theme
4. Configure Shipping Settings
5. Collect Payment
6. The Shopify App Store
7. The Shopify Dashboard
8. Launch Your Store
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.