Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Create discounts, part of Learn Shopify: The Basics.
- [Instructor] Creating coupons is a classic way…to encourage sales.…You can do this under Discounts.…Let's create a discount.…In the first field up here is the name of the coupon.…This is what the customer will type in in the checkout.…Let's call it "10off".…The next section here is the condition.…Is it the type of coupon that you want to create?…You can create an absolute value like 10 dollars,…or a percentage off like 10%,…or you can unlock Free Shipping.…
This field over here on the right are more conditions.…You could only apply it to orders over a certain amount,…a specific collection of products,…one special product, a product variant,…or a customer that's in a group,…and then you can choose the group.…You can also apply some usage limits,…like only allowing 2,000 customers,…or 20 customers to use this,…or only allowing customers to use it once.…
You can also set a date range if you want…to have a Thanksgiving day coupon, for example,…and only have it run over Thanksgiving weekend.…One thing you do want to avoid when it comes…
Learn Shopify: The Basics takes you through the setup, configuration, publication, and management of your first online store using Shopify. Author Patrick Rauland helps you select a visual theme, set up products and inventory, collect payments, configure shipping, and manage orders with the Shopify dashboard. Along the way, he offers tips and best practices for running a successful online store.
- Why Shopify?
- Adding products and product information
- Selecting a theme for your Shopify store
- Customizing menus
- Setting up shipping
- Collecting payments online
- Configuring taxes
- Installing Shopify apps
- Managing orders, inventory, and sales from the dashboard
- Launching your store
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Shopify
2. Add Products
3. Select a Theme
4. Configure Shipping Settings
5. Collect Payment
6. The Shopify App Store
7. The Shopify Dashboard
8. Launch Your Store
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.