Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Browse themes, part of Learning Shopify.
- [Instructor] Up until this point, we've focused on getting all of the information you need onto the product pages. Now it's time to make your store stand out. You can do this with themes. Themes are like a skin for your website. Think of themes like the outside of a car. You can change the colors, you can add a spoiler to the back, and you can tint the windows. All of these make your car look really cool, but they don't affect the performance of the car. The same thing is true with themes, they're all about the looks and representing your brand, but they don't affect how it works.
To get started, click on Online Store and then Themes. From here, you can customize the theme we already have or you can get an entirely new theme. We're going to start by browsing for a new theme. Click Visit Theme Store. When you're looking for themes, try to choose one that has a good layout. Colors can be easily changed but layouts are a bit harder. If you want a sidebar on the right or the menu on the left-hand side make sure that your theme has that.
You can browse by different industries or by Free or Premium. Let's click on one and then on the next page, click View Demo. We can then view what it looks like on mobile and on desktop. You can then view what it would look like on desktop and on mobile. You can browse through a few different themes and once you're done click Install. We're gonna go back to this page and then click All to view all themes.
Now we're gonna go find the pop theme. This one looks good. Let's click Install theme. Publish as my shop's theme. We're going to customize this theme in an upcoming lesson. But before you do that, I recommend that you take a look through your store as is and see what you like and don't like about this theme.
Learn Shopify: The Basics takes you through the setup, configuration, publication, and management of your first online store using Shopify. Author Patrick Rauland helps you select a visual theme, set up products and inventory, collect payments, configure shipping, and manage orders with the Shopify dashboard. Along the way, he offers tips and best practices for running a successful online store.
- Why Shopify?
- Adding products and product information
- Selecting a theme for your Shopify store
- Customizing menus
- Setting up shipping
- Collecting payments online
- Configuring taxes
- Installing Shopify apps
- Managing orders, inventory, and sales from the dashboard
- Launching your store