Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Add static pages, part of Learning Shopify.
- [Instructor] There aren't any ecommerce sites out there…that I know of that only show products.…You usually talk about yourself on an About page…or on a Contact page.…With Shopify, you can create and edit…as many static pages as you want.…We already have a default About Us page.…Let's go in and edit that.…Under the admin we can go to Online Store and then Pages,…and then we can select the About Us page.…Shopify gives us some pretty good tips…about writing an About Us page.…
We're gonna go ahead and paste in…what we already have, copy and paste.…Now this is a WYSIWYG editor,…meaning what you see is what you get.…So we can go ahead and bold, italicize,…or do whatever we want to this copy…just to make it stick out a little bit more.…And it's just like editing something in Word.…Let's go ahead and save this,…and then we can view this button, view this page right here.…Perfect, earlier in the course…I promised to update the copy on the homepage.…
That's this copy right here.…Let's go in and use the same technique we just used…
Learn Shopify: The Basics takes you through the setup, configuration, publication, and management of your first online store using Shopify. Author Patrick Rauland helps you select a visual theme, set up products and inventory, collect payments, configure shipping, and manage orders with the Shopify dashboard. Along the way, he offers tips and best practices for running a successful online store.
- Why Shopify?
- Adding products and product information
- Selecting a theme for your Shopify store
- Customizing menus
- Setting up shipping
- Collecting payments online
- Configuring taxes
- Installing Shopify apps
- Managing orders, inventory, and sales from the dashboard
- Launching your store
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Shopify
2. Add Products
3. Select a Theme
4. Configure Shipping Settings
5. Collect Payment
6. The Shopify App Store
7. The Shopify Dashboard
8. Launch Your Store
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.