Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Add shipping information to a product, part of Learn Shopify: The Basics.
- View Offline
- [Male Instructor] One of the best things about Shopify…is how closely they work with other platforms,…including many shipping providers.…We're going to cover shipping a bit later in this course,…but what you need to know right now…is that if you give Shopify enough data about your products,…like the weight of the product,…then Shopify will be able to give you a shipping quote…from a provider like USPS.…And you can use that quote to print out a shipping label,…and have USPS pick up the package at your home.…Pretty amazing time saver, right?…To do that, we need to enter the product's weight.…I'm going to click over here to go back to my product,…and scroll down to the Shipping section.…
I'll go ahead and set the weight to eight ounces.…Next, if you're shipping internationally,…you need to know what the tariff code is.…If you click this little link here,…it'll open up this website, and then you can search…for your product.…I initially tried "mineral water",…and didn't find anything useful.…Keep trying until you find something that…
Learn Shopify: The Basics takes you through the setup, configuration, publication, and management of your first online store using Shopify. Author Patrick Rauland helps you select a visual theme, set up products and inventory, collect payments, configure shipping, and manage orders with the Shopify dashboard. Along the way, he offers tips and best practices for running a successful online store.
- Why Shopify?
- Adding products and product information
- Selecting a theme for your Shopify store
- Customizing menus
- Setting up shipping
- Collecting payments online
- Configuring taxes
- Installing Shopify apps
- Managing orders, inventory, and sales from the dashboard
- Launching your store
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Shopify
2. Add Products
3. Select a Theme
4. Configure Shipping Settings
5. Collect Payment
6. The Shopify App Store
7. The Shopify Dashboard
8. Launch Your Store
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.